Thursday, May 3, 2012

P3: Articles

For our next blogs we have to read an article and we have to write a response to it.  We were given the article called New York Teacher Ratings Renew Evaluation Debate written by Beth Fertig. After reading this article I found out a lot about teachers.  This article was all about teacher evaluations and whether or not they should loose there job if there kids test scores are low. The debate that is going on right now is whether or not a teacher should loose there if their student test scores are low. Teachers are fighting this because they don’t think they need evaluation because every student is different. I believe that teachers should be evaluated and I also do believe that they shouldn’t be evaluated for different reasons.  I think that teachers are getting paid to make sure that students get grades and they should be worried about their grades.  Teachers should be evaluated to see who is currently at the top and bottom. If a teacher is constantly at the bottom of teachers they should loose there job. I also feel like this evaluation is unfair because every student is different and teachers have different students.  However like I said before teachers are getting paid to do their job so I believe that this evaluation system will see improved grades. New York school districts have to change to the evaluation policy before next January. I believe New York state is worried about the students grades so this teacher evaluation will work I believe. This also gives teacher something extra to work for and to make sure they do the best that they can. I didn’t know about this system until I read this article and looked into it. I really enjoyed reading this article because I learned a lot of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment