Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Disco Era

For our next blogs we have to talk about if we could go back in the past what time period we go back to and why. Throughout history there have been many time periods that brought the people together. In the past there has been enjoyable time and times that were tough. There have been great depressions, Wars, disco periods, and women right movement. It is really hard to choose what time period I would want to go back to because each time period had its ups and downs. One period that caught my eye would defiantly have to be the disco era. I chose this era for many different reasons including it was a time full of fun and enjoyment among the people in society. I know that many people that lived through it enjoyed it and wish they could live through it again. I love the fact that the different types of dances came out during this time period. I know that my parents found that time period fun and have plenty of stories about it. I remember them saying how them and their friends went and danced. I remember them saying that people wore combs in their back pockets and used to go roller skating. Disco reached it peek in the mid 1970’s. Disco started to decline after July 1979 Disco Demolition Night in Chicago. This event showed an angry backlash at disco and as a result of this disco began to decline rapidly. Every year Buffalo, NY is the host of the “World’s Largest Disco”. This is an event where thousands of people get dressed up and go dance for the night.  After watching the news coverage about this disco I saw that many people were laughing and enjoying life. I couldn’t imagine living in prime disco era and all of the fun people had.

No comments:

Post a Comment