Friday, March 30, 2012

n4: Trayvon Martin

For out next blogs we have to write an article about the boy that was just killed in a gated community in Florida.  We have to read an article about Trayvon Martin and the killer Zimmerman. The question about this case is whether or not this shooting was in shelf defense. The article we have to read is about a girl who can destroy Zimmerman’s claim that the shooting was in self-defense.  The lawyer told reporters that Martin was talking to his girlfriend shortly before he was shot and he said to his girlfriend that someone was following him and that he was trying to get away.  The girlfriend heard Martian ask someone why they were following him. After I heard that part of the article I was really shocked. I don’t believe anyone should ever be stalked and followed because it is a terrifying event. I could never imagine walking home and having someone following me. The girlfriend said that Trayvon was his regular self and she spent most of the day on the phone with him. Crump the lawyer for the Martian family said that Zimmerman wants to try and make you believe that he shot in self-defense. I do believe that anyone who commits a crime like this would try and make it seem like they didn’t do it or they did it in self-defense. I believe that just because it is a gated community doesn’t make it invisible to crime. Shootings happen every day throughout the world and this case is so big because it happened with an African American and it occurred in a gated community. I believe people need to realize that just because you live in a “safe” place doesn’t mean you are invisible to crime. After reading this article I believe there are more articles going around and more missing pieces to the puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment