Wednesday, March 7, 2012

b2: traditions

For our next blog we have to talk about St. Patrick's Day. Each year this day is celebrated throughout the world and it is one big party. My family doesn’t really do a whole lot on this day so I cannot really write about it. However if we do not celebrate St. Patrick’s Day we can talk about a family tradition. My family does have traditions that we do every year. One of the traditions that we do each year is go camping on the Fourth of July weekend. We always go camping this weekend at Alleghany State Park. My family has been going for 20 years and now we make it a tradition to go annually.  I always look forward to the 4th of July because I always have so much fun up there going camping, swimming, hiking, fishing, and just spending time with my family and friends. Whenever we go I always bring one of my friends along just so I can hang out with them.  Alleghany State Park is huge and it is about 2 hour drive.  Another tradition we have is when we are camping we always sleep in tents. Sometimes it is no fun when we are tents because when it rains sometimes water gets in and just makes everything a mess. Also every night we always have a big fire and we always make camp fire snacks. Another thing we do when we are camping is we drive around and look at all the wildlife and just take in the scenery.  I always look for black bears whenever I go camping. To me traditions are what makes life. Without something to look forward to it would make life just drag along. I always look forward to something and I believe that makes time go by faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment