Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bullying

After reading the article, “Jamey Rodemeyer Suicide: Police Consider Criminal Bullying Charges” my view on bullying changed. I believe that bullying needs to stop. I fell that it isn’t right for someone to hate on another person for being themselves.  After reading this article I felt sorry for Jamey’s family and friends. I felt that the comments on Facebook were inappropriate and further punishment should happen to the people that said the comments on his wall. I think that Williamsville should take further action to prevent bullying.  This whole situation was an eye opener for many people. Many people don’t realize what they say will effect someone so much and even drive them to take their own life. I feel bad for people that get bullied for things that are not “cool” to others.  I can’t imagine what was going through Jamey’s head the whole time.  I feel really bad because school officials and his parents knew what he was going through however not enough action was taken. I believe after such a tragedy as this further training to prevent bullying need to be taken. I personal believe there are so many people to blame after this event however instead of focusing on that we need to focus all of our attention to prevent bullying. Many people don’t realize they are bullying people when they say things to others or on social networking websites.  I wish that everyone in the world would just stop bullying other people because they are “different”. People need to realize that everyone is a living thing and has feelings. I believe the news really put the whole situation out them by nonstop coverage of the whole situation. After many people read about the issue of bullying I would hope that they go tell someone if they are being bullied or no someone who is.

No comments:

Post a Comment