Thursday, April 19, 2012

01: CNN

For our next blogs we have to find an interesting current event article and we have to write about it. The different websites that we can use is CNN, ESPN, ABC, Fox, NPR, or Rolling Stones Magazine, etc. I have decided that I was going to do an article on CNN. I choice this website because I found that they have a lot of good articles to choice from. I wanted to do an article based on the space shuttle that is being retired. I choice an article named for 747, transporting a Shuttle Is No Heavy Burden.  This week a Boeing 747 carried the space shuttle on top of its plane on its way to retirement in a Washington Museum. NASA needed a way to carry the Space shuttle because a space shuttle cannot fly when it leaves orbit. The space shuttle weighed 488,000 pounds but the Boeing 747 can carry up to 800,000 lbs. it was a sight to see for people in Washington DC. When I saw the picture in the newspaper I was really shocked to see that because I didn’t expect to see a space shuttle on top of a huge plane. I wish I would have been able to see the shuttle on top of the plane because that is a once in a lifetime sight. However if you missed this you can see another space shuttle on its way to retirement. The Enterprise will be flown from Dulles International Airport in Virginia to its new home on board the USS Intrepid which is a retired aircraft carrier floating museum in New York City. I really enjoyed reading this article because it talks a lot about the space shuttle and the Boeing 747 that carried it to retirement. This was a successful mission and was a sight to see that thousands of people witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment